Friday, March 18, 2016

Epic Reveals



When my kids were born, gender reveals was not a thing.  In fact, social media was not even a thing. Couples found out the gender of the baby and either sent out a mass email or told family around the dinner table.  My husband and I were old school.  We decided to hold on to the excitement until the day of our baby's birth {both times}. My doctor told me that she only had 3 patients (at the time) who decided to not find out the gender, and I was one of them.  I never heard of anyone in my mom's family finding out ahead of time so I guess my generation was the start of a new trend and my husband and I were just not willing to hop on board just yet.  There was just something so exciting about waiting - like a child anxiously awaiting Christmas or a puppy jumping up and down to go for a walk.

That said, I find great appreciation in gender reveals.  All of the cute YouTube videos, the cutting of the cakes, and the professional photos that ignite a sense of excitement are all things I wish I had the chance to enjoy when I was pregnant with my kids.

And so, if you are a parent searching for a unique way to reveal the gender of your baby, check out these 5 DIYs I compiled for you here.


And let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!




1. Color Pinata

Make your gender reveal a colorful and festive event for your friends and family with this DIY Pinata.

Tools: 
Glue Gun
Glue Sticks
Materials:
Cardboard
Paper Streamers
Tape
Pink or Blue Candy
Twine

Instructions: DIY Network



  
2. Candy Cake

Decorate with any colors you choose, but when it's time to eat and you cut into the cake, all will be revealed!

Ingredients and Instructions: Betty Crocker




3. Family Painting

What could be more fun than getting a little messy? Get the whole family involved and throw some paint on a blank canvas that you can later use as a décor piece in the baby's nursery.

Instructions and Courtesy:  Project Nursery




4. Map It!

Place a few baby items, like onsies and blankets inside a box or chest.  Make sure items are pink or blue in color.  Hide the box {or burry it} and have your guests follow the map to it's location.  Or, instead of using a map, place riddles at various locations that will eventually lead them to the treasure chest.


Courtesy: Baby Names Quest






5. Envelope Please!



Want to find out the gender when everyone else does?  Have your ultrasound technician or Doctor write your baby’s gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.
When you are ready for the big reveal, open the envelope in front of your guests or let a parent open it for you.  SURPRISE!

Courtesy: Mouths of Mums


No comments:

Post a Comment